What does website maintenance mean?
Frequently auditing the website for bugs, mistakes and keeping the content of it updated is called website maintenance. Website maintenance should be done as frequently and regularly as possible so as to keep the website running smoothly, increase traction and improve the SEO and Google rankings of the website.
Why should your firm invest in website maintenance?
Oftenly, new businesses in Dubai make a temporary website or don’t invest a lot of time initially while building a website. These businesses may fail to reach their website goals & objectives even if they have aesthetic looking website as it may not be updated or their could be broken links or the website doesn’t load time, the reasons are infinite. Here are some top reasons why your website needs a regular checkup:
Google rankings has been highly influential when it comes to searching for a business, product or anything what the user is interested to look for. Dubai being a tech driven city, most of the users first search on Google and browse through only the first page of Search Engine Results Pages. You need to ensure that your website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has been done accurately and need to check that as regularly as possible. You need to update the keywords, on-page content, blogs, news articles (if any) on the website to have a better SEO.
You need to ensure that your website is user friendly and people who aren’t aware of your business can easily understand, interact and browse through the website. A hassle free digital browsing journey will not only increase website traffic but may also help you grow your business through new genuine leads.
This is one of the most important aspects of a website maintenance especially if you are an e-commerce based from Dubai. You need to ensure that the users entering personal information on your website won’t be hacked or misused by third party integrated platforms in anyway. Ensure to update your Content Management System (CMS) for security and get an SSL certificate for checkout/payment pages.
Catching Up with Trends:
The more aesthetic and user friendly your website is, the better chance of getting more business. Websites have evolved a lot since the inception of the internet. To stay ahead of the competitors, identify the upcoming new trends on improving the digital journey of your website and identify ways to implement them on your website.
What are the things you need to consider for a website maintenance?
There are plenty of tasks which have to be taken care of on weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensure all pages are loading without any bugs
- Backup your latest version of website and cross check if it has been saved
- Updating the softwares and CMS plugins
- Check if the forms are working properly
- Remove unwanted comments from blogs and pages
- Check for broken links on all pages & fix the links
- Checking the load speed of website and ensuring nothing is slowing it down
- Make security scans and ensure everything is in order
- Collect the data and analyze the website statistics for last month
- Update existing or add new blogs
- Audit the website and suggest improvements
- Check for creatives which may need to be updated on the website.
- Audit all aspects of SEO to ensure they are effective
- Test and modify pop-ups, forms, call to actions on website
- Change the references to current year (eg: copyright year)
- Check pages for grammar, typos, grammar and accuracy
- Remove unwanted email addresses from the website database
- Renew the domain name
How Much Does website maintenance Cost?
The cost of website maintenance depends on the type of website which has been created. Small personal blogs may not cost much compared to an e-commerce websites, as e-commerce websites have a lot of things which can be changed/modified. There could be the website which are made for marketing purpose alone whereas there could custom built website which could cost a lot more than even e-commerce websites. Reason is because custom website takes a lot more energy and time, hence they are more
Factors to consider before buying a website maintenance package
Following are some of the many factors one should consider before buying a website maintenance package: