Development of an application like InstaShop costs approximately AED 35,000 – AED 70,000 in the UAE. It is identical to the creation of any other app – the price will depend on your goals, technical complexity, architecture, design, and location of your outsourcing partner.
In Dubai where reaching a store requires lots of patience, the grocery delivery app is a lifesaver. People love that they can order food online and get it delivered without any hassle.
A custom mobile app not only provides a platform to order conveniently but also works as your one-stop solution for increasing customer engagement. Also, it eliminates the need for renting a shop.
Understanding development costs
Whenever it comes to cost estimation, the example of building a dream home could be used. You’ll have to decide if you want to construct a home or buy a flat, select the correct number of rooms, facilities, and furniture. Your decision will depend heavily on your budget – and the same is true for mobile applications. The average grocery app development budget is comprised of the following components:
- Technology stack that is used to create a grocery app.
- Platform – whether it will be created for Android or iOS or both.
- UI/UX design of the app. It is defined based on usability, user-interaction, and expected user experience.
- Testing that is an essential component which helps identify the flaws in the app’s performance.
- Number of third-party integrations.
- Complexity – more features means higher cost.
- Technical documentation that provides detail of the mobile application’s overall architecture framework, the scope of the project, requirement, and features.
Grocery delivery app features
An online delivery service typically includes the app for customers, app for deliveries, and admin panel. The number of features influence the cost.
- User profile
- List of stores
- Items in stock
- Order page
- Payment gateway
- Order status
- Order history
- List of orders
- Map for navigation
- Customer data
- List of stores
- Items in stock
Later on you can add as many features as you want, including coupons and reward system, referral programme, groups and forums, and chatbots.
You can’t expect to build an amazing app for just a few dollars. But at the same time, spending a ton doesn’t automatically translate to success. The high cost does not always speak about quality. The most crucial factor is choosing the right software development partner. Select a vendor who is experienced in your niche, has worked with well-known brands, and has a substantial portfolio.
It is quite evident that the future of grocery delivery apps will shine as they save consumers’ time and energy. Whether you want to create an online presence of your store or start your online business, building an application provides many opportunities for entrepreneurs. Here is some fascinating statistics:
- According to CNBC, online grocery sales will take 20% of the market by 2025.
- IRL has revealed that 55% of people (aged between 25 to 34) purchase groceries online.
- 72% of consumers prefer online grocery shopping.
Demand for delivery apps has grown tremendously. If you want to be a part of this thriving industry, you’ll need to find a website design agency in Dubai that has a good knowledge of the local market.