Google works hard to provide all users with a trustworthy, safe, and secure experience when searching the world’s information.
This means that advertisers or Google Ads specialists in Kuwaitwho use PPC marketing must adhere to the Google Ads Policy guidelines to ensure that their advertisements are truthful, appropriate, and safe.
- Advertising on the Google Network is prohibited for certain types of content.
- Prohibited practices: Things you can’t do if you want to advertise with us
- Restricted content and features: Content you can advertise, but with limitations
- Editorial and technical: Quality standards for your ads, websites, and apps
When will the system for enforcing Google Ads be implemented?
Beginning on September 21, 2021, Google Ads’ policy enforcement system will start with the following policies over three months:
- Enabling dishonest behavior
- Substances that the authorities have not authorized
- Weapons, firearms parts, and related merchandise
- Weapons of Other Types
- Ads will be informed when Google expands the strike-based system to cover additional advertising guidelines in the future.
How does the Google Ads enforcement system work?
If an advertiser violates any of the above policies, Google will issue a warning to that advertiser.
If there is a violation, Google will notify advertisers via email and a notification in their account.
Google’s Strike-Based Ads Method:
- If you violate the policy for the first time, you’ll only get a warning.
- The second time this rule is broken, the advertiser will receive a warning instead of a strike.
- The second strike is given for the third infraction.
- The third and final strike will be given for the fourth infraction.
- Each infraction carries a penalty, and those penalties increase as the infractions accumulate.
What are the repercussions of a policy violation in Google Ads?
Temporary Account Hold: The first and second strikes will result in a brief account hold penalty.
After the first strike, your account will be put on hold for three days.
Strike two results in a seven-day account suspension.
Temporary account holders must correct any violations and resubmit an acknowledgment form before their ads can run again. Ad accounts will be released from temporary account hold once Google receives acknowledgment (once the 3 or 7 days have passed).
The account will be placed on temporary hold if the advertiser does not acknowledge or appeal the strike.
Advertisers have the option to challenge a strike decision. If the appeal is successful, the account will be unblocked, and advertising will resume as normal.
Note: If a strike is not successfully appealed, it will remain on the advertiser’s Google Ads account for 90 days.
Lastly, Account Suspension is the final sanction.
After a third strike, your account will be suspended. This means that advertisers will be unable to run or create any advertisements unless the suspension is overturned.
Account suspensions are tough to overcome, and advertisers should be aware that they will not create new accounts if they are suspended.
You should never have put yourself in that position, to begin with.
What steps can you take to avoid Google Ads Policy Violations?
If you are not certified in Google AdWords, you should avoid using Google PPC advertising on your own.
Look for Google Partners to help you with your project.
To become a Google Partner, a company must have at least half of its AdWords Managers certified and maintain an average ad optimization score of 80%.
These firms are well-versed in Google Ad policies, violations, and consequences, so no one else can manage your ads better.
If you want to see a return on your Google Ads investment (ROI), leave it to the experts.
Keep in touch with Red Berries – A web development and E-commerce Web Design Company In Kuwait to keep yourself updated on emerging issues in Digital industry, web design and development.
Contact us today if you need a Google AdWords expert in Kuwait to help you build your business.
Also like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.